Re: [TowerTalk] 40m 4el KLM - replacing linear loading with coils

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40m 4el KLM - replacing linear loading with coils
From: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 20:36:59 -0700
How much loss is there in a conventional Yagi match ?    From what I understand
the OWA has about a .50 dB loss in forward gain compared
to a conventional Yagi.  If a conventional yagi has about the same .50 dB loss
in the match system then they would both have about the
same forward gain.  Then............. the OWA is winner with its wideband SWR
curve.
Sounds like a   " If it seems too good to be true"   thing :-)

Bob
K6UJ