Re: [TowerTalk] Run all in same trench?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Run all in same trench?
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 13:45:53 -0700
On 10/15/20 12:48 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On 10/15/2020 12:07 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:
I want to run a conduit for coax and control/ low voltage, separate conduit for 220 VAC, and a PEX line for water.Can I put it all in one trench?

Yes. And it's always good practice to oversize conduits and add a pull line to allow for pulling additional cables later on.

No kidding, going from 3/4" to 1.5 or 2" is a tiny cost in PVC conduit. You'll thank yourself later, if only because the sweep ells at the ends are larger radius.

If you're doing a really long run, or have a lot of bends, consider putting generous pull boxes along the way. It's a lot easier to pull through 100 ft of conduit than 300.