Re: [TowerTalk] Ham-IV rotator brake noise

To: Ralph Parker <ve7xf@shaw.ca>, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham-IV rotator brake noise
From: w6rgs <w6rgs@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 17:29:31 -0800
Wouldn't worry too much about it.  I've recently installed a small outdoor
speaker at the tower top to occasionally play spooky noises.  No complaints
yet.Bill
-------- Original message --------From: Ralph Parker <ve7xf@shaw.ca> Date:
1/19/21  15:50  (GMT-08:00) To: TowerTalk@contesting.com Subject: [TowerTalk]
Ham-IV rotator brake noise I've often puzzled over my urban neighbour's lack of
complaints about my Ham-IV, clanking away day and night as I contest, DX,
whatever, over the last 20 years or so. Loud enough to wake the dead, I've
often thought. Why aren't they mad at me?Is there any way to quiet that
beast?I've thought of perhaps some gradual application/release of power to the
brake, to ease it into/out of position?A different brake material might not
stand up to the rigours of constant use.I know there are tricks to ramp up/down
the start/end of the rotation cycle, but I don't think that they affect the
application/release of the brake.I've just moved, and don't want to annoy a
whole new set of neighbours.Any
 mailing
listTowerTalk@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/towertalk