Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Antenna Supports

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Antenna Supports
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 01:41:04 -0800
On 2/16/2021 9:08 PM, W7TMT - Patrick wrote:
he flimsy masts have their purpose. I have several from Jackite
(https://www.jackite.com/) which I've found to much better quality than the Ham
suppliers offer.

Yes. Slide 12 of http://k9yc.com/7QP.pdf shows two Jackite poles mounted to a plate at the top of the pneumatic mast on W6GJB's contesting trailer, supporting wires that form a 40M dipole. The next slide shows how we use surplus modular military surplus mast sections to for a tower. The legs are two 4-ft sections, which gets the tripod high enough that mast sections can be added and pushed up to extend it. It's no trick to get it up 25-30 ft

Later slides show an 80M inverted V rigged about 3 ft below the 40M dipole.

W6GJB found a vendor selling the tripod fittings at Dayton some years ago. This concept is something that K7JA showed in a talk about Field Day ideas, I think at Visalia.

73, Jim K9YC