Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Antenna Supports

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Antenna Supports
From: W7TMT - Patrick <W7TMT@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 14:59:09 +0000
My single tower contest station is based on a 38' sailboat. I use a pair of
Jackite's largest poles to support an inductively shortened 40/15 M dipole and
another pair for a 20/15 M dipole. I need to shorten the 40M because while tied
to the dock I don't have enough room due to sailboats two docks away on either
side of me. If I'm out at anchor then no problem.

The 40M is built using hand-wound air inductors using the dimensional and coil
data from K7MEM's web site (http://www.k7mem.com/). The 20/10M combo is a
Skeleton Sleeve by KL0S found in several ARRL publications.

I also use Jackite's 31' version to support the top end of the 160/80M
vertical. It is affixed to a sliding carrier that attaches to the main sail
track of the boats 45' mast.

They make several that they call their Platinum - Flex Tip series that have
thicker tubing walls and tips. Unfortunately the longest is only 27'.

All have reinforced butt/bottom end sections. Longest they offer is 31' but
they meet my needs. All are excellent quality in my opinion. The antennas go up
on Fridays and down on Mondays for contests and the poles are great for my use.

73,

Patrick. W7TMT