Re: [TowerTalk] Cable Work

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable Work
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 21:36:54 -0800
"I then use ¼ inch flooded heat shrink on the incapsalated live and tail end of the phillystran."

Can phillystran be heated without degradation?

I have T&B 3:1 glue lined thick wall heatshrink on a 30m inverted V, where 1/4" stainless cable, acting as the antenna, and guy, are crimped, and soldered into copper ferrules, then bolted onto a balun box. I used 5/16" dacron rope for the remainder of the run to 6' thimble eyes sunk ~5' into the ground. The lower ends of the rope, as well as the ends of the antenna cables, I intended to secure, and clean up with flat metal cable clamps, but never put them on:

https://www.mutualhardware.com/products/flat-wire-rope-clamp-1-4

Kurt