Re: [TowerTalk] 4O3A Rotor Genius

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 4O3A Rotor Genius
From: George Skoubis <geo.skoubis@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 13:33:06 -0700
Hi Rich,

  I purchased the Rotor Genius a few months ago.

  I had the reed switch fail on my M2 2800 (for the second time) and I was
fiddling around with my Tic Ring Pot and gears.

  I ordered the DXE pots and gears for the Tic-Ring but the Rotor Genius makes
them irrelevant.

  I mounted the Rotor Genius at the base of my tower in the same cabinet that
the Lightning arrestors are in.

  I have a mesh WiFi network that covers our 4 acres and one of the nodes is
mounted here as well.

 This gives me access to the network for the Rotor Genius as there is an
Ethernet port.

  I don’t have the Tic-Ring up on the tower yet but have tested it on a table
nearby.

  The M2 2800 has been working well with the Rotor Genius.

  I would buy another Rotor Genius after having one...

  I tried purchasing the Rotor Genius through Scott at Vibroplex as they are a
dealer but they didn’t have any because of the pandemic.  I used the 4O3A
website contact information and was able to buy one directly.  I’m not sure of
the current situation with Vibroplex, maybe they have been able to work out the
logistics.

  By the way, I’m pretty sure my Tic-Ring came from you via Tim / N6WIN... I
was looking for dimensions on the brackets you built for a crank up tower and
found you had made extras and had some in the box.

  I just have to assemble my JK Mid-Tri-40 and Mid-Tri and put everything up on
the tower to see how well the Tic-Ring works with the Rotor Genius and a real
load.

  I’ve been slowed down building a guest house. That was part of the
negotiations with my wife when we purchased the property.  I get room for Ham
Radio and a big RV garage/ Hamshack and she gets a guest house for my mother
in-law.

  We’re putting in the flooring now so it won’t be long before the old antennas
come down the the Tic-Ring goes up.

  Good Luck with your decision...

George / W7GES