Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with Sacrificial Zinc?

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with Sacrificial Zinc?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 17:11:31 -0700
The MIL-HDBK-419A talks a little about this topic. Adding Zn electrodes to a galvanized tower creates a parallel circuit, not clear which will go first IMO. Impressed voltage systems are probably a better option. google it.

I black tar coated my galvanized guy anchor rods and then wrapped them with 20mil 2" wide PVC tape for abrasion resistance to 2 feet above grade, same as done for black iron gas pipes that are buried. Should last longer than me.

Grant KZ1W