Re: [TowerTalk] Terminate unused ports on remote antenna switch?

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Terminate unused ports on remote antenna switch?
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 16:40:15 -0700
For my situation, I am planning to install 1 kw dummy loads to the unused
ports and see what happens. I was hoping that someone would provide some
realistic input to this situation. And, of course, you are welcome come
here and lend a hand....

I'm open for some real suggestions.

Your idea of dummy loads is very good. If something stupid happens, you have some protection. I've used loads on unused ports of various devices since the mid-90's, and on very rare occasion, have mistakenly switched to an unused port while transmitting. Aside from noting not what I expected happening (not hearing anything/nobody hearing me), there have been no other issues when doing this.

Personally, I recommend terminating the ports with a load that can handle full power. Far better to be safe, than sorry!

Kurt