Re: [TowerTalk] Terminate unused ports on remote antenna switch?

To: "'Tower Talk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Terminate unused ports on remote antenna switch?
From: <k1ttt.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 10:16:17 -0400
Ok, the supported 2 vertical configuration won't work in your case as it is
designed to have a 1/4 wave spacing between the verticals... it also calls
for 50 ohm phasing lines instead of the normal 75 ohm for the 4 vertical
case.  I would be very careful about what you do with the phasing box as you
may damage it with the wrong impedances if you use high power.  As I said
before the comtek boxes are designed for nominal 100 ohm loads when using
all 4 verticals, but only 50 ohm loads on 2 ports with the others open for 2
verticals.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: telnet://k1ttt.net:7373