[TowerTalk] Rotator Question - Repair or Replace

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator Question - Repair or Replace
From: Keith Dutson <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 01:58:52 +0000 (UTC)
I have a Yaesu G-1000 rotator.  It was installed on my 150 foot tower in 1999
to turn a Force12 C-4XL.  Over the years the antenna has sustained a lot of
damage from three hurricanes and several lightning strikes.  My tower climber
took it down and also removed the rotator, which stopped working some time ago.
 I took the rotator apart and discovered that all of the bearings are rusted.
I assume they are ruined.
Would it be advisable to find someone to repair the unit, or just purchase a
replacement?
73, Keith NM5G