Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor control line MOV's

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor control line MOV's
From: "R. David Eagle via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 01:55:10 +0000 (UTC)
Grant et al,
I really appreciate all the feedback that everyone has provided.  I recently
put up my glen Martin tower and have been boosting my grounding and protection
around the shack.  I have numerous 8' rods along the back of the shack with a
ground ring that is near the tower.
My goal was to include protection on my tower equipment and other items like my
160 inv L and a couple antenna switches.  Mov's seemed like a cost effective
solution but I am now reconsidering them.  I was not familiar with the TVS so I
may have to investigate them a little more.
I have installed whole home surge on the mains a few years back and I still use
high end surge power strips in the shack.  Regardless of all the protection I
may put in, I will still unhook my antennas....just because I like to sleep at
night.
DaveKB8NNU