Re: [TowerTalk] Kellums Grip for supporting cables aat tower top

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Kellums Grip for supporting cables aat tower top
From: Gene Smar via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 16:21:02 -0400
Al:

     I use about a foot of insulated solid #12 AWG house wire to support my coax runs up the tower.  (Thanks, K7LXC).  I have a Trylon tower that has several unused holes in each leg.  I run the house wire through the hole and wrap it a couple of times around the entire coax bundle, not just up against the inside of the leg.  Then I twisted the free ends of the #12 together tight against the bundle. Last year I had to replace a section of several coax runs up the tower (danged squirrels!) and merely had to unwind the #12 ends to get free access to the failed coax.  When finished, I tightened the wires again.  They've been up there since 2001.

     I would think you can use the same approach for a Rohn or other tower with tubular members.  Just wrap the #12 around the leg a couple of times, beginning in the center of the wire length, then lay the coax on top.  Wrap the #12 around the bundle a couple of times then twist the ends together.  This material is long-lived and re-enterable.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F