Re: [TowerTalk] FOLLOW UP & SOLUTION ..RE Quiet 27" monitors ?????/

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FOLLOW UP & SOLUTION ..RE Quiet 27" monitors ?????/
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 21:45:07 -0800
On 2/22/2022 9:15 PM, Artek Manuals wrote:
One of the other benefits of the Samsung's is that the all use use 14V switching power supplies . Subsequently I found they run just fine of the main 13.8V Linear (Astron) station supply.. So no Switchmode noise generators ( which is consistent with my war on switching supplies in the shack and house where  ALL the switchers have been replaced with linear supplies). The Samsung power jack is not your standard 2.1/2.5 mm job so I just cut the cord off the switcher and put lugs on the wires and bolted them into the station 13.8 stack.

Great news, Dave. Didn't know that Samsung was still selling those models -- W6GJB and I bought a bunch of them 4-5 years ago, and thought they had been discontinued. I'm running them on my living room computer, my wife's computer, the shack computer, and on two P3/SVGAs. The ones in the shack are on a 12V 100Ah SLA battery, the others are run from much smaller 12V SLAs. The SLA in the shack is floated from a re-purposed Thinkpad PSU through a Genasun MPPT charge regulator for solar systems; the ones in the house from much smaller linear supplies. All of the computers are Thinkpads of various vintages.

73, Jim K9YC