Re: [TowerTalk] AFCI RFI?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AFCI RFI?
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 12:21:45 -0700
It is also true that a lot of panel manufacturers say "only use our breakers" - and if that's what it says, then that's what the NEC requires.

Basic marketing. They don't say, "Use our panels, and ANY other brand breaker...".

At $400-$1,000 per panel, and $50-$150 per breaker (add some zeros to have a flunky install them), saying anything else is just bad business. Why have a only few dollars, when one can have ALL of the dollars...?

As to what the NEC requires, one must read that- only, not the hyped pamphlets at Home Depot, or even forums.

The breakers themselves meet a requirement, and standard.

Kurt