Re: [TowerTalk] Cautionary tale about cable waterproofing

To: TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cautionary tale about cable waterproofing
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2024 09:53:48 -0400
Further, and hopefully final update - found the problem.  One of the motor leads to the rotator had a bad solder connection right at the connector to enter the shack.  It had previous passed visual inspection, but when I forcefully wiggled it, the wire popped right off the terminal - I presume it was adhered there only by melted flux. Resoldered and, for the moment at least, no new cable needed and I'm back on the air!

73, Pete N4ZR