[VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Amp Needed

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Amp Needed
From: k8cc@mediaone.net (k8cc)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:49 2003
As noted earlier here on the reflector, we're trying to put a basic
limited-multiop setup together here at K8CC for the September
contest.  Progress is slow, but we ARE making progress.  Also, thanks to
all for the responses to my question about "how high to mount a 50 MHz
beam".  Some of the answers were very thoughtful and provided useful
insight on how 6M propogation and wave angles work.

My next dilemma is that I'm looking for some sort of power amplifier for
222 MHz.  We have a DEMI transverter, but no amp.  I've not had any luck
finding a new Mirage or TE Systems amp, and while converting an AM-6154
from Fair Radio to 222 MHz would be an interesting exercise, there's just
not enough time before the contest.

Does anyone have, or know of, a 222 MHz amp for sale?  I suppose a brick
would be easier to set up, but a tube amp would be fine as long as its
complete and ready to go.

Thanks.

73,

Dave/K8CC