[VHFcontesting] January ARRL SS and rovers

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] January ARRL SS and rovers
From: n9rla@yahoo.com (Dan Evans)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:59 2003
Hi Ed,

Ironically, I heard you once on 6 meters during all of the back scatter.
Unfortunately, my 100 watts and 2 elements wasn't enough to get through.
Although I think you did hear me calling you at least once.  Tough to work
back scatter with a small station.

As far as finding rovers, I can't be of much help as roving in Indiana is a
whole different animal than "east-coast" roving.  I don't usually activate a
lot of grids, but I make every effort to work EVERYONE, from each grid.
With the schedules and ham population in the east, I would imagine that
isn't too feasible.  In 9 land however, it seems to be too easy.  Just not
enough stations out there to work.

Bad weather and family obligations kept me off the air for all but a few
hours of this contest.  I ended up with 2 grids activated, and 25 or 30
QSO's.

73
Dan

Dan Evans N9RLA
Scottsburg, IN 47170
{EM78}
IN-Ham list administrator
QRP-l #1269
1/2 of the N9RLA /R no budget Rover Team
Check out the Rover Resource Page at:
http://www.qsl.net/n9rla