[VHFcontesting] January ARRL SS

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] January ARRL SS
From: w4xp@erols.com (W4XP)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:58 2003
Reflector Mates:

The Delmarva VHF and Microwave Society's Grid Pirates Contest Group,
K8GP had a good time operating from the Prince William County
(Virginia) Landfill, FM18gp.  As usual, the Rovers really added
significantly to the contest fun; GREAT JOB, and THANK YOU to all
those hearty souls!

One of our key members (and bus driver) unexpectedly needed to be home
with his family, so we elected to shutdown operations at 18:00 EST.
this is the second year we haven't been around on through the entire
contest period; maybe next year!

Check the rumored scores page at http://www.newsvhf.com/janscores.html
to see the summary, but here is the "bottom line:"

2531 QSO points ? 266 grids contacted = 673246

Thanks again to all contest participants and very 73,

Chuck Watts, W4XP; FM18ew -- 1.8 through 2304 MHz
Delmarva VHF and Microwave Society, K8GP; http://k8gp.net
Grid Pirates Contest Group
Potomac Valley Radio Club; http://www.pvrc.org