[VHFcontesting] ARRL Aug UHF VE2ZP Single Op LP

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Aug UHF VE2ZP Single Op LP
From: VE2ZP@rac.ca (Dave)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:17 2003
ARRL August UHF QSO Party

 Call: VE2ZP
 Operator(s): VE2ZP
 Station: VE2ZP

 Class: Single Op LP
QTH: QC - FN25bj
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   222:   9      8
   432:  11     10
 -------------------
 Total:  20     18  Total Score = 1,080

 Club: Ontario VHF Association

 Comments:

 This was my first UHF contest where I actually made any
QSOs.  I managed only one QSO with my own grid.  I worked
every station I heard, save two: VE3AX and N1JEZ/R.  There
just weren't many stations to hear.

It was a pleasant surprise to have some people answer my
CQs, considering my low power (30w) and small, low antennas.

 My best DX on 432 was K8DIO in EN91 at approximately 600km
and VE3TFU in EN92 at approximately 500km.