[VHFcontesting] DN09 VE7FO/7 ACTIVE IN cqww FROM 6100 FT.

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] DN09 VE7FO/7 ACTIVE IN cqww FROM 6100 FT.
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:16 2003
Hi all,

OK.  Due to all the encouragement I received I'm going for it.

VHF total newbie, VE7FO, is going to set up for CQWW VHF on Mt. Kobau,
DN09, at 6100 ft with Icom 706 MkII and ancient DB62 beam up 10 ft.
Can't get operational before 1400Z and may be later.  Will operate 6 and
2, SSB and CW and, as required, FM.  Don't know enough to feel
comfortable making skeds but will be as near as I dare to the various
calling frequencies.  Will try to Run more than S&P.  (Are these terms
used on VHF?) Will continue to operate for a couple of hours after the
contest if any activity.  Dunno what I'll do if I find someone already
on the mountain.  Go find another one I guess but won't be as high.

Hope to hand out lots of Qs.

73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO