[VHFcontesting] Re: VHF mobile radio for SSB work

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: VHF mobile radio for SSB work
From: ke4yyd@earthlink.net (David Hinton)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:08 2003
Scott,

The Kenwood  TS-2000 is my first choice if you have the room.  I have owned
and used all the other rigs you mentioned and to me there is no comparison.
With the remote head the TS-2000 has many mounting options.  I keep a FT-100
in my Ford Escape but when on vacation for several weeks with my wife  each
year I put the TS-2000 in her Olds mini van.  It has a very large flat dash
and any radio sets on it nicely just below eye level for easy operation.

David   KE4YYD