[VHFcontesting] Spark Plug Noise on F150

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Spark Plug Noise on F150
From: cvn65vf94@msn.com (Robert Oler)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:14 2003
Hello Tim.

There are noise suppression wires and there are noise suppression wires...

I have learned sort of that you get what you pay for.  I have four cars (my
wife and I are pilots so we have cars stashed everywhere) that have non FM
ham gear in them.  the two "old" ones (her Chevy Cavlier and my Fiero) and
two "new ones" (Dodge 1500 Truck and Durango).

The old ones are the problem (at least they were).  I would buy "good" noise
suppression wires and put them on and eventually they would start to "leak".
  This process took about 1 year to 18 months.  Then I got smart.  When I
got the Truck it was as quiet as a church mouse...160 sounds good with no
noise blanker.  The Dealer is a friend and so I talked extensivly with him
and Dodge engineering about it and eventually ended up with a set of factory
wires for the Chevy that are brand new dealer replacements.  It went stone
quiet and has stayed that way for 2 years.  The Fiero was harder because its
not made anymore...But Danny (my dealer) knew a Pontiac dealer who found
some "alike" wires that Pontiac is using today.  Bingo.

I't will hurt in the pocket book but I bet dealer wires will quiet the show
down...

Robert

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>