[VHFcontesting] Re: VHFcontesting rules - hmmmm!

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: VHFcontesting rules - hmmmm!
From: johngeig@yahoo.com (John Geiger)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:20 2003
I think that the ARRL used to have it correct.  Under
the old rover rules, you started counting multipliers
over again whenever you entered a new grid square.
That encouraged people to activate as many grids as
possible.  Then they changed the rules to only
counting grids once, regardless of the grid you were
in.  You could work the same station again as you
changed grids, though.

Can anyone inform me as to why the rule change?  It
definitely seems to discourage activating as many
grids as possible.  Now if I go to a different grid, I
can work a few more stations, and get one more
multiplier for activating that grid, but it probably
won't be worth it if if forces me to operate from a
location that is not as optimum as the location I am
currently in.

73s John NE0P EM04to