[VHFcontesting] Re: Recent trends in Logs and Qs, VHF contests

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Recent trends in Logs and Qs, VHF contests
From: johngeig@yahoo.com (John Geiger)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:20 2003
Curt,

thanks for all of the data.  Any idea as to why logs
received maxed out in the early to mid 90s, and have
been declining since?

I also agree that we do not need to based points on
distance for QSOs.  We need to keep logging as simple
as possible.  If you make the points too hard to
calculate, people will stop sending logs in.  There
are still hams who use paper logging-myself included
when I go portable or roving.  If we want to encourage
new hams to get into VHF contesting, we need to keep
it as simple as possible.

With all of the current rigs out there that cover
VHF/UHF as well as HF, we should see activity growing
steadily.  Rigs like the FT100D, Icom 706MKIIG, and
TS2000 are the stuff that one could only dream about
in the late 80s and early 90s.  Now if they would only
add 222 and 902 to some of these rigs!

73s John NE0P
--- "Curtis C. Roseman" <croseman@almaak.usc.edu>