[VHFcontesting] Re: Limited Multi Class

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Limited Multi Class
From: k8jwt@ntelos.net (Jacob Tennant)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:19 2003
This class has recently became of interest to me as my rover hopes are
falling short due to vehicle conditions and my want to have my own vhf
contesting station. I was happy to find this class of contesting station
available since I only have 6 & 2 meters so far and only 10watts on the 2
meter side at that.  So I can field a station as a Limited MultiOp even
thought I will probably be all by myself. Since it also leaves me the
ability to use packet cluster to see where the bands might be open to.

This is a hard thing for me to say as I have wanted to be a rover station
since getting bitten by the VHF weak signal bug in 1997, but common sense
tells me not to ruin my good car before I get a new one.

So hopefully I will be able to get something out for the upcoming contest
since I just bought my 2 meter radio last Saturday morning at a hamfest and
don't even have a antenna for it yet....

J.Tennant  K8JWT