[VHFcontesting] No Data+only annecdotal speculation=wrong solution

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] No Data+only annecdotal speculation=wrong solution
From: aa1yn@aa1yn.com (Lee Scott - AA1YN)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:40 2003
> > I've been a proponent of a contest with a distance scoring scheme
> > for some time and I think it could be a big hit in the September
> > contest.  I won't bore everyone with my distance scoring diatribe
> > again but I do think it is worth considering - it would add a
> > slightly different flavor to the vhf+ contests that are all
> > basically all the same.
>
>I seem to recall discussion of this a while ago, quite possibly on
>this list.  One of the problems is that those who don't happen to own
>a GPS suddenly have another incentive to not participate.

I don't see not having a GPS a problem unless you are on the move.  The
only drawback might be the requirement of exchanging a 6 digit
grid.  Personally, I'd like to see 6 digit grids exchanged anyway since it
is a near requirement for uhf and up work anyway.  If you don't know your 6
digit square, then you should take the time to find out.

Lee Scott - AA1YN
Home of the VHF & Up Register http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf
Hooksett, NH
FN43gc52