[VHFcontesting] Re: Ideal contesting rig

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Ideal contesting rig
From: W2fca@cs.com (W2fca@cs.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:34 2003
In a message dated 1/31/03 0:36:08 Greenwich Standard Time,
johngeig@yahoo.com writes:

<< 1. 6 meters, 2 meters, 70cm and 23 cm out of the box

I would think 6 thru 70 cm would be better. You can also do scatter and au on
222.

<< 2. 100 watts on 6,2, 70cm, and 20 on 23cm

You're talking a big package here

<< 4. Rig can hold all 3 optional modules

You're talking a really big package here

<< So, how long do you think it will be before such a radio is produced?

Personally, I don't think it would sell. Based on the price of the 736 I
would guess that the base price would have to be around 2500 to 3000 for the
"starter". For that kind of money you can do pretty well with transverters.

Frank
W2FCA