[VHFcontesting] Double the Fun

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Double the Fun
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com (Jimk8mr@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:53 2003
This Saturday, June 14, K8MR/m and designated driver W8DRZ will again be
hitting the road .

This time not just for one contest, but for two!

We're visiting West Virginia for the West Virginia QSO Party, which runs from
1600z Saturday to 0200z Sunday.  We'll also be doing a first time VHF rover
effort in the ARRL June VHF QSO Party, which starts at 1800z Saturday.

We're starting at the top of the northern WV panhandle, and heading southwest
along the Ohio river. We'll be doing the WVQP while driving, and stopping for
the VHF QSO Party.

The first VHF stop will be in EM99 near Parkersburg, WV, from one of two
possible sites.  Then to Mason, WV, where EM89 and EM88 meet. After those two
grids back to EM98, near Ripley WV.  Then east through lots of rare WV
counties,
and time permitting, to FM09 for another VHF stop. If VHF conditions seem good
and we find some good hilltops, we may make additonal unplanned VHF stops.

We'll also be going through EN90 and EN91 late Saturday, but with only
vertically polarized whips for 6 & 2.

We will have 6, 2, 222, and 432 on VHF.  The usual HF bands for the WVQP.

We will not have CU2QSO (a new packet based over the air VHF spotting
system).

We will have (primarily) 40 and 20 meters, a CW/SSB based over the air
spotting system.  Work us in the WVQP for latest VHF schedules.

For the WVQP, I have made up NA templates and multiplier files for both in-WV
and out of state stations.  I've not seen them yet posted on the WVQP web
site, but I can e-mail them to anyone who would like to have them for the
contest.

Full WVQP stuff is at:      www.qsl.net/wvarrl/wvqp2003.html

Hope to see lots of you, on lots of bands, this Saturday.

73  -  Jim  K8MR