[VHFcontesting] W3ZZ & Activity Level in June ARRL VHF QSO Party

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W3ZZ & Activity Level in June ARRL VHF QSO Party
From: timcoad@excite.com (Tim Coad)
Date: Sun Jun 29 12:39:31 2003
I saw almost zero FM activity (except on 223.5) this year in CM87.

It gets less each year.  In the 80's and early 90's I could easily make 200 FM
contacts from home (300 to 400 from a hill top) on 2 mtr FM. This year zero.

Activity keeps increasing on SSB, but does not nearly make up for the huge drop
in FM activity. But FM contacts are not very fun any way, so I dont miss them
much... I did happen to hear one guy on 146.55 this contest. I called him, but
he was totally confused and thought I was doing something illegal...

Tim - NU6S