[VHFcontesting] New Thoughts on all of this!

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] New Thoughts on all of this!
From: johngeig@yahoo.com (John Geiger)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:46 2003
It is interesting in that the original original thread
in this line was lamenting the declining number of
logs in ARRL VHF contests.  We are now seeing
discussions on how this log and that log should not be
allowed because they did things differently than me,
or they have more friends that me, etc.

We keep hearing about how we will lose
VHF/UHF/Microwave bands if we don't increase activity,
and now we keep seeing postings wanting to decrease
activity.  If someone won't work enough others as a
rover, don't let them operate.  If the gear wont
transmit far enough, don't use it, etc. etc.

Makes me wonder if we enter VHF contest to have fun,
work new grids, encourage activity, or only to win.
If you beat me, then screw you!  Your methods were
unfair because I didn't win, and anything you did that
I didn't do should be banned.  We have even seen
proposals to eliminate bands that the proposer isn't
QRV on because they can't win.

Geez!  Think maybe I will go back to HF SSB where
things are a little more civilized.

73s John NE0P EM04

p.s.  Yes I have talked friends into getting on FM to
give me a contest QSO. So send me to VHF contesting
hell for it.