[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - Part III

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - Part III
From: j.a.hermans@skynet.be (j.a.hermans)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:46 2003
Hello contestants,

My broad view from Europe.
I found the following defintion for " Contest ";
A competition to do better than other people, usually in which prizes are
given......

So, a logic behaviour when we see " contestants contesting the contest rules
".
Even contesters have limits. So be aware, not to run in anarchy, when no
rules, neither run in to dictate, when to much  imposed rules.
Space between dictate and anarchy " Democracy ".a very sensible and
extendable matter........
Sorry for this ( Milligan's ) anarchic humour.
Good luck in the VHF UHF SUHF contests.

Jos on4kj

PS: My first VHF region 1 contest was done in 1958 on 144 Mc/s  with very
simple rules, the sum of all distances calculated from center to center of
the grids. Max power 60 Watts of anode dissipation.( My 4X150A in a coaxial
cavity was not allowed.)