FW: [VHFcontesting] A Brief History of (Captive) Roving

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [VHFcontesting] A Brief History of (Captive) Roving
From: mtnlion@xmtservices.net (John Byerly)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:48 2003
Very well put! I rove because it's fun. Sure I rove around the few multiop
stations here in Northern Nevada.. that's how I make *contacts* and keep
having fun. I will also admit, the multiop stations that have provided
equipment and those great guys in Southern Oregon who drove down the
mountain to give me a 6 pack of pepsi and a plate of BBQ ribs got worked in
every grid I could work them in!!