[VHFcontesting] Create Activity - Help A Newbie (Rover orOtherwise)

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Create Activity - Help A Newbie (Rover orOtherwise)
From: johngeig@yahoo.com (John Geiger)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:49 2003
  VHF is not like
> > HF, where some wire and cheap coax hung from a
> tree will allow you to make
> > QSOs.

Not true.  When I was in graduate school from 1993 to
1996, I ran an indoor dipole on 6 meters.  Hung it up
in the bedroom of my apartment on the second floor.
Had another similar one in the bedroom at my parents
house when I went home on breaks.  Got VUCC from each
location with said antenna.  A quarter wave mag mount
will also work nicely on 6 meters.  Cost for each
dipole, probably around $15 including coax.

73s John NE0P