[VHFcontesting] how to improve FD score

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] how to improve FD score
From: k0emt@dbbear.com (Bryan - k0emt)
Date: Fri Jul 4 10:12:53 2003
I know I am preaching to the choir hear, but maybe you can bring this
observation back to your club.

Propagation at our site sucked.  There were a number of times when I could
hear someone right at the noise floor so I would call with CW.  A time or
two I even heard them get the call sign.  However, they wouldn't or
couldn't switch to CW and we couldn't complete the circuit on phone.  (Yes,
we tried.)

I think some stations forgot or didn't know two important things:
cross mode Q's don't count for FD.
you can work stations multiple times if you use a different mode each time.

So, when conditions are poor as they were last weekend;
use CW and digital modes to eek out as many as possible,
work the strong stations again with the other modes.

Now, I'm off for the weekend!

73,

Bryan - k0emt
http://www.dbbear.com/k0emt/          <><
Database, Application and Web Developer for hire