[VHFcontesting] how to improve FD score

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] how to improve FD score
From: martho@ameritech.net (Mark)
Date: Fri Jul 4 11:22:51 2003
I couldn't agree more!!!!

I ran the VHF/UHF station for several hours during field day. After every
Q, I asked for other bands and for CW Q's.
Out of 150 q's on 6/2/432, I was able to manage 8 CW contacts as none of
the stations had CW capabilities.  Often times, when I asked for CW, the
ops didn't respond or just ignored me and went back to CQ'ing.

Historically, the VHF station is where the groups hide their weaker ops or
the non licensed visitors. I understand not everyone knows or uses CW, but
why have a great field day setup including VHF/UHF and no paddles at the
station?  Furthermore, I was not trying to move FM people, these were
groups who set up beams and were all mode (except CW)!

I was very surprised!!!

Mark
N9UM