[VHFcontesting] Stacking Distance?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Stacking Distance?
From: aa1yn@aa1yn.com (Lee Scott - AA1YN)
Date: Tue Jul 15 10:50:18 2003
At 10:17 AM 7/15/2003 -0400, AG2A wrote:
>I am in the process of cleaning my pair of 15 element KLM 2 meter beams. I
>was just thinking that I failed to measure the distance between them when
>I took them down (new tower,can't measure marks). Does anyone know the
>optimum distance for a pair of these antennas?  Oh yeah, while I have your
>attention is there a 432 or 435 simplex fm freq that is used for
>contesting?  I have a new duo band fm antenna but won't have anything else
>for the sept.contest.
>
>                                         Tom - ag2a

Tom,

If you take the wavelength of the booms, compare that to the K1FO antenna
in the ARRL Antenna Handbook, you will get fairly close - within a few
inches.  Don't compare the number of elements but the boom length.

If anyone knows better, I'd like to hear it - I have been known to be
wrong. :-)

Lee Scott - AA1YN
Home of the VHF & Up Register http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf
Hooksett, NH