[VHFcontesting] Why we participate

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Why we participate
From: aa1yn@aa1yn.com (Lee Scott - AA1YN)
Date: Thu Jul 24 14:49:33 2003
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the League has posted the logs
received with claimed scores for the June 2003 VHF Party and I've got to
say I'm somewhat disappointed.

I did what I thought was a respectful score of 19200 in the 2002 June
contest as a single op low power and came in 33rd.  I did a lot better in
the 2003 contest  with a score of 39700 - better than double last years
score and it looks - based on claimed scores, that I'll only place 51th in
that category.

I was sure hoping to move up and was hoping for a 15th place finish (there
abouts) based on last years scores - but alas - I guess even though I've
gotten much better, everyone else has gotten more betterer and I'm just
slip sliding away.  Will you guys stop sending in your logs so I can look a
little better.

And for crying out loud, PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN YOUR LOGS for the UHF
contest. I don't want to loose my 10th place. Last year was my first UHF
contest and with 9894 I actually did place 10th for SOLP! - I do expect to
better myself this year and move up in position.

On a brighter note, it looks like the League got what they were asking for
- more participation. In June 2002, there were 672 entrants in the
contest.  This year it looks like we'll have to wait an additional month
for the official scores as there were 824 entrants,

Why such an increase in participation? ( I know this is bound to start
another lengthily conversation)

Note - the 2003 scores are claimed scores and not actual league awarded scores.

Lee Scott - AA1YN
Home of the VHF & Up Register http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf
Hooksett, NH
FN43gc52