[VHFcontesting] Rover Squared

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rover Squared
From: W0eea@aol.com (W0eea@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 21:13:19 2003
Hello All,

The term is 'rover squared.'  In practice two rovers work each other on all
their common bands from and to each of the grids at a four corners location.

If they then drive to another four corners (four new grids) and do it all
again they could under the original rover rules amass a very large score.  So
large in fact that the ARRL changed the rover rules because it was done.  Two
full four corners and radios to 24 GHz put each vehicle near a million points
under the old rules.

I used to rove regularly,  but since they changed the rules I've only
seriously roved once,  and that was because I had to drive the rover vehicle
from
Illinois to Colorado,  when I moved,  and June was an oppurtune time to do it.

73,

Jim
w0eea@aol.com