[VHFcontesting] Rover Squared

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rover Squared
From: ka5cvh@ka5cvh.com (Mike (KA5CVH) Urich)
Date: Wed Jul 30 15:05:46 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "on4kj" <on4kj@skynet.be>

Hey Rovers,

Space Rovers maybe next century...........

Mike wrote

Is NA1SS not a space rover?  Now calculate how many grids it covers in a 24
hour period of time.

Now I do have a serious question.  During FD, astronaut Ed Lu, KC5WKJ, was
operating from ISS using the call sign NA1SS,   NA1SS is the call asssigned
to the ISSARC with Frank Bauer, KA3HDO, being the club call trustee.  Frank
is a Advanced class and 2X2 call signs like NA1SS are reserved for Advanced
and Extra class operators.  Ed is a technician class operator _WAS_  this a
violation of the FCC rules?  And no try as we may we were not able to work
him.  We just didn't have enough horsepower to get over the pile up.

Mike Urich, KA5CVH
www.ka5cvh.com
http://www.ka5cvh.com/vhf/vhfindex.htm