[VHFcontesting] CW ops, pse qrs when contesting

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CW ops, pse qrs when contesting
From: k7cw@yahoo.com (Paul Kiesel)
Date: Thu Jul 31 17:55:47 2003
I'd like to add a comment, if I may, before this
thread goes away.

If you want to be in the mainstream of weak signal
operating, you have to be proficient in morse code.
This means you have to practice to get up to a
reasonable speed. If you don't practice, but rather
wait until you need to use CW, you will loose out on
some the the action. There's no doubt about this.

Force yourself to practice the code. Listen to code
practice transmissions or regular QSOs on the HF bands
and practice your sending. Get that rate up.

The guys who are proficient in the code will gladly
slow down for folks in the contest. After all, we want
the QSO points and we're glad you're using CW, too.

73,
Paul, K7CW