[VHFcontesting] transverters

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] transverters
From: Marten T Beels <martentb@goshen.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:07:11 -0500
Hello, after completing the recent Sept VHF QSO, I'm looking forward to
participating in the next one and hopefully adding more bands.

I have a 2m to 6m transverter that seems to work really well, and the price was
very good.  So I'm looking for affordable transverters to get on some other
bands like 222 or 903.  The DEM I know are very high quality, but unfortunately
beyond my budget.  I've seen 10m to 70cm transvertrs go for less then $100 and
I'm wondering where I could find, or if they exist, economical transverters for
other bands?

I would be interested in building it myself, so even a schematic or kit would
be helpful.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, the guy that was going to sell me his 2m multimode fell through, so I'm
wondering if anyone has a 2m multimode that they are looking to sell.

Thanks,

Marten
KC8HZM