[VHFcontesting] Re: [Rover] Stupid Categories [was:Are you ready for the

To: rover@mailman.qth.net, VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: [Rover] Stupid Categories [was:Are you ready for the January SS??]
From: Mike73@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 17:12:41 EST
In a message dated 12/13/03 3:29:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, w2ev@arrl.net
writes:

> The wrong thing to do is create ANY category that restricts the number of
> bands one may use to compete with.

Too late. Already been done with the limited multi-category. But try this on
for size:

This is not about restricting the number of bands you use. Just restricting
the number of bands you _submit_ in your contest log.

Here's a hypothetical situation. There are times in NE when 6M is a bust. I
can do better on 1296, but I never know until I work the contest what
conditions will be like. So I run 6, 2, 222, 432 and 1296. When the contest is
over, I
choose the best 4 (or whatever) bands to submit.

More food for thought?

73,
Mike, N1JEZ/R
6M - 47 GHz
In a previous life - N1MJD/R
"And in the end, the claims you make are equal to the brains you bake." SSC