Fwd: [VHFcontesting] FT-100D vs. IC-706MII

To: VHF <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: [VHFcontesting] FT-100D vs. IC-706MII
From: Michael Urich <ka5cvh@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:35:53 -0800 (PST)
--- jon jones <n0jk@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking at the FT-100D vs. the IC-706MIIG for a new contest DXped.
> radio for the June VHF QSO Party. Any opinions as to FT-110d being better
> than the ICOM for contesting on VHF?  I currently use a IC-706MII.

Mike wrote

I believe that both of them are pretty good radios and each will features and
quirks that you will
either like or dislike.  I have an original FT-100 with the factory mods done
under warranty.  I
used the radio mobile for about 2 years or so before I removed it from the
vehicle and replaced it
with a FT-8900.  The FT-100 is now in a portable (ARES/RACES/Skywarn)
http://ka5cvh.com/arespix/021.jpg

I'm partial to the FT-100 but wouldn't take anything away from the 706 other
than I understand
that ICOM stands for I can only monitor.

Mike

=====
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
Amateur radio ~IS~ a contact sport!