Re: [VHFcontesting] Vhf Contests

To: "Larry Lambert NØLL" <n0ll@ruraltel.net>,<vhf-contest-proposal@arrl.org>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Vhf Contests
From: "Ron Hooper" <w4wa@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:21:16 -0500
From: Larry Lambert NØLL <n0ll@ruraltel.net>
To: vhf-contest-proposal@arrl.org <vhf-contest-proposal@arrl.org>;
vhfcontesting@contesting.com <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sunday, February 22, 2004 11:47 PM
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Vhf Contests

>>I was serving the Midwest Division on the Contest Advisory Committee
>back in the 90s.  The CAC voted 11 to 3 to change the rover scoring
>rules back to the pre 1995 rules.  When our recommendations got to the
>Membership Services Committee at the League this was rejected. Several
>good Rovers out here who hadn't already quit rovering quit then and most
>have never returned to the road.  It sounds now like maybe we the CAC
>people knew best all along.  >73s Larry N0LL

I was also on the CAC and remember the vote Larry mentioned. The ARRL
Membership Service Committee (MSC) would not go along with the CAC
recommendation. I am not sure why or if they gave a reason but it did seem
mysterious to me at the time. I do know the MSC has a lot of power to do
what they want at the league.

Ron W4WA