[VHFcontesting] Re: VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 14, Issue 25

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 14, Issue 25
From: N5tif@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:39:07 EST
I like to say that John and Mark hit it square on the head.  We need to
somehow let these newbies know were we are and how to play ssb/cw.  The
repeater
thing only last a few months at best.  Get them on 6m but this should done
during the summer if possible for Es so they wont spend hours hearing static.
Or
if no Es try wsjt during the slow periods of the year. I all so found that in
many parts of the country there or places to meet at night on these bands.
CS,SWOT,WSWSS are clubs that need to take a leader ship role and others need to
play there part as well.

  Work out the kinks to the contest are fine but you got to get the people
intersetd first in the VHF+ bands.

PS: SORRY IF I LEFT OUT YOU CLUB THERE MANY OUT THERE.
LEE N5TIF 73
SWOT #3319
6M VUCC
2MVUCC
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of
?arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
?but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
?totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - -
?
?WOW - What a Ride!!!!"