Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF+ contest proposals: input invited

To: "Keith Thomas" <kdtbikes@yahoo.com>,<vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF+ contest proposals: input invited
From: "Dan Evans" <n9rla@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:38:06 -0500
From: "Keith Thomas" <kdtbikes@yahoo.com>
> 2During the contest I hear people talking about the other bands and moving
to them etc.  I >could not make the changes to the higher bands, but did not
think it made the contest a waste >of time. Instead, I started thinking
about how I can add one or two (plan to start by adding >220mhz) and join in
on the fun.

EXACTLY!  Thanks for adding your perspective Keith.  I think your point of
view, being a 'new guy', is just what we need to see.

And hey, don't let those antenna restrictions get you down.  That is what
started myself, and many others, as Rovers.  Or, if Roving is not your
thing, there is portable expeditions, like the new 'hilltopper' category.

73 & have fun!
Dan

Dan Evans K9ZF
Scottsburg, IN 47170