Re: [VHFcontesting] Grid circling time limit problem....possible soluti

To: "David Olean" <k1whs@worldpath.net>,"Fred Lass" <felasstic@yahoo.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Grid circling time limit problem....possible solution.
From: Ed Kucharski <k3dne@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 22:28:11 -0500
Dave,
Congrats on the "New Grandpa Dave" status!
Oops! You're right (as well as a couple of others that responded to my comment). I interpreted Fred's comment incorrectly. I was thinking more about the random vs. scheduled concept than as a function of frequency. He did state VHF - UHF random contacts and I was thinking lower microwave contacts (903 - 3456 in my case). Certainly, making random contacts on the microwave bands (even the lower microwave bands) are more difficult (loud locals the exception) than with scheduled contacts in this range. Random contacts on VHF and UHF (50 - 432) are even less technically challenging - although I still get excited when I work a random 500+ mile QSO on 222 or 432.
73,
Ed K3DNE