Re: [VHFcontesting] Available records

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Available records
From: "jon jones" <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 01:25:17 +0000
Back in the 1992 June VHF QSO Party I worked VE8KM DP20 on 6M Saturday evening, and 3 Alaskan stations in the contest from WBØDRL EM18.

- NØJK

I don't think it's a huge surprise to learn
that nobody has ever > entered the contest from the Northwest
Territories/Yukon Territory/Nunavut
> section before (in any category,) but I find it
mildly amazing that nobody > has ever entered the contest (in any category)
from KP2, even just on six > meters.  - WM5R

However, there was a documented QSO with VY1JA at
the start of the June contest a couple of years ago.  The band was
actually open from the Pacific Northwest at the start of the contest and a
CW QSO took place
between Oregon and the Yukon.  However, right after
that QSO, Jay's sister called on the phone to talk.  After the phone
call, the band was
dead for the rest of the weekend for Jay.

He didn't send in a log, but did send an e-mail to
the ARRL indicating that it was his only QSO.  - N6TR