Re: [VHFcontesting] Field Day Band Changes

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Field Day Band Changes
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:30:53 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Matthew Pepper wrote:

> Do you those of you who work field day VHF stations wait the 15 minutes in
> between band/mode changes. Or do you just pass a station up the bands like
> the ARRL VHF Contests?
>
> Matthew

We've never had much of a VHF setup for FD before at my club.  I think one
year we had 50 and 144 MHz.  If there are a few stations in my area (we'll
be in EN50vc) that will be active on 2m CW/SSB, I may take along my rig
and portable 2m yagi and set it up to see if I can work anybody.

But that's a good question; probably since FD isn't officially a "contest"
you can just work people up the bands if you wish and if you have someone
to work up the bands.

73, Zack W9SZ